- The 1.2L MIVEC engine packs a surprisingly large punch and with an astonishing fuel economy of 5.0L/ 100km this little machine will just keep going and going.
- The CVT transmission means that the engine is running at the correct revs at all times which not only means that acceleration is delightfully smooth but this helps the fuel economy remain so meagre.
- The ASC system maintains stability and control when cornering by recognising over-steer and under-steer. It then applies brake force to the appropriate wheels to keep things under control.
- Hill Start Assist makes pulling away a steep slope easy by maintaining the brake force as you move your foot to the accelerator.
- The SmartBrake system is a clever safety feature that means if you un-intentionally hit your brake as well as your brake in an emergency situation the SmartBrake system automatically spots the error and cancels out the message to the accelerator, putting full attention on to braking.
- The modern two-tone interior brings the Mirage firmly into the present. Each piece of the dashboard is distinguished by clean and simple elegance resulting in a surprising sense of openness and visibility.
- Both corners of the vehicle are now visible from the driver’s seat meaning it is easy to judge the position of the vehicle.
- The clever 60:40 split-fold rear seating design gives you multiple configurations and adaptable cargo space.
History of the Mirage:
The Mirage first arrived on the scene in the seventies, and boy has she aged well.
Completely redesigned, today’s Mirage has styling smoother than Patrick Swayze and comes in your choice of seven jaw-dropping colours. And its rear end has been given such a lift it’s patented.
With enviable fuel economy, she’ll never fail to get you to the party. Even if that means driving all the way back to 1985.