The Outlander PHEV, from $60 990*
The Nuts and Bolts
- The PHEV is powered by two 60kw electric motors one at each end. There's also a 2.0L petrol engine which charges the 12kWh Lithium-Ion battery and provides torque when needed.
- Depending on driving conditions and battery levels the Hybrid powertrain automatically selects the optimum driving mode.
- Charging the PHEV is surprisingly simple, it'll charge at home through at ordinary power point in around 6 1/2 hours- do it overnight for convenience and to take advantage of off-peak rates.
- Take advantage of the growing number of Fast Charge stations around the country, these will charge your vehicle up to 80% in around 20mins, just enough time for a coffee!
- The Outlander PHEV has an eye-popping economy of 1.7/100km making your regular visit to the Service Station a distant memory.